As Labor Day approaches, let’s send it off in style with the best food, drinks and of course, clothes of the season. We’ve teamed up with our favorite food blog, The New Potato to show you how to make your party unforgettable. Take note!
MAKE A STATEMENT
First, you have to dress the part. Make a statement in our favorite summer blowout looks:
Chilled out? The New Potato suggests a “mix of bossa nova, french pop, soul and samba - perfect for entertaining.”
Say Danielle and Laura: "A clean white theme in the summer with pops of bright color - try some fresh-picked flowers in little mason jars around the table, vintage glasses, or playful accents in your dishware. Once it gets dark, it’s nice to have candles lit and dispersed along the table."
On Saturday, we threw a poolside cocktail party at Tom Collichio’s Topping Rose House in Bridgehampton with our co-host Chelsea Leyland and The Daily Summer to celebrate the second summer of the MILLY East Hampton boutique.
Located at 54 Main Street in East Hampton, the MILLY outpost is a cool collection of MILLY beach essentials, including a selection of hand-chosen hostess gifts. Stop by next time you’re in town!
With music by Chelsea Leyland, food by our favorite chef, Tom Collicio, and our Spring/Summer ‘14 ad campaign model, Loulou Robert in attendance, it was pretty much the perfect night. Check out the photobooth photos on Instagram (#MILLYMOMENT).
We all know that scoring the perfect outfit for July 4th is a must (and not always easy…). If you’re struggling to find the ultimate look that’s both striking and patriotic, we’ve got you covered. Here, we chose some of our favorite July 4th outfits that can take you from the beach to a BBQ…
2. For a pool party…there’s no better choice than the MILLY Parrot Print Micro Shorts. J.Lo approved (she wore these micro shorts in the music video for “We Are One”, the official 2014 Fifa World Cup song) they are modern and bold. Plus, they can be worn in the water!
Finally, it’s Memorial Day weekend, which means the unofficial start to summer, and of course, wedding season (not to mention the MILLY Memorial Day sale!). Didn’t make the bridesmaids cut? No worries, the consolation prize is that you can choose your own dress! Here, we make it easy to choose…
1. If you’re not concerned about upstaging the bride…then the MILLY Ombre Strapless Maxi is a no brainer. Cut from a beautiful ombre degrade georgette, the color and draping make for a killer combination. Plus, the indigo color is ideal for the season.
2.The bride and groom are opting for rooftop nuptials…go for the MILLY Arabelle Gown. A vibrant shocking pink color will stand out in the best way possible. The leather waistband adds edge, while a back open slit makes it feminine and sexy.
3. If you happened to be invited to Kimye’s wedding…then the MILLY Chelsea Halter Gala Dress takes the cake. Double silk georgette and ruffle details make this dress ethereal and alluring and an open back gives it drama. Wherever the celeb couple seal the deal, this dress is bound to impress.
4. For the black tie garden wedding…opt for the MILLY Ava Strapless Gown. Crafted in a one-of-a-kind Italian ivy print, this dress is contemporary and striking. A boned bustier gives it structure and a full skirt gives it volume and movement. Don’t be surprised when all heads turn as you walk into the ceremony…
5. For those sealing the deal beachfront…the flowy MILLY Monica Strapless Dress is a must-have. Made of a gorgeous Italian watercolor paisley print silk chiffon, the poppy color complements the fluid design. Go shoes free for the ultimate boho-luxe look.
6. Backyard weddings call for…casual, yet elegant attire, which makes the MILLY Bella Dressour top pick. Featuring a V-neck, draped sleeves and a gorgeous Italian watercolor paisley print, this dress is fresh and feminine. Effortlessly transition from the reception to the party in this number.
7. If the ceremony is being held at an art gallery…the best-selling MILLY Racerback Sheath, made of an Italian sea blossom print, can’t be beat. Wearable art, this print was inspired by MILLY designer and founder Michelle Smith’s recent trip to Japan. Hues of seafoam green and cantaloupe in the form of exotic florals mean this dress is unlike any other in your closet.
One of our favorite days of the year, Cinco de Mayo always calls for a good time. Whether you spend the day at an outdoor street festival, take part in a Cinco de Mayo parade, or throw your own party for good measure, we’ve compiled the top 5 MILLY essentials for any festive occasion—just remember, never be sorry for partying…
CLICK TO SHOP THE SLIDESHOW ABOVE
1. Flap Pocket Vest: The ultimate fashion piece, this vest, crafted in French tribal couture, will make a statement over every outfit. Tack buttons and raw edges add just the right amount of detail to this bold piece. Layer it over a best-selling MILLY “Sorry for Partying” tee and jeans or your favorite spring dress.
2.Ribbon Mini Skirt: Show off your legs in the MILLY Ribbon Mini Skirt — cut from a couture French fabric, pair it with a basic white tee, or even better, the MILLY “Sorry I’m Not Sorry” tee - the vibrant colors will undoubtedly pop at any Cinco de Mayo festivity.
3."Sorry for Partying" Tee…A must-have for any party, this tee is hit among the fashion set and celebs alike. Style yours with leather leggings for a night out or with jeans for a day of weekend activities. It’s the perfect conversation-starting tee…
4.Antibes Halter Bikini Top…If you’re lucky enough to be celebrating Cindo de Mayo poolside, this MILLY bikini is your best bet. Cut from a stunning shimmering pink fabric, its coverage is flattering for every body type.
5.Miley Crossbody…If you plan on cantina-hopping this Cinco de Mayo, a statement handbag to carry all of your essentials is a must. The MILLY Miley Crossbody, made of one-of-a-kind iridescent embossed hologram leather, is one of our favorites. There’s no better way to instantly elevate your outfit.
How To Dress For The Ultimate Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
Like any great party, the best part is the recap the next day, right? Last night, Chelsea Leyland turned it up in the DJ booth for our first annual MILLY Spring Fever party. Special guests Coco & Breezy stopped by for Peroni and champagne, while some of our favorite bloggers stopped by for custom MILLY sea blossom print manicures and some epic photobooth sessions.