Last night, Mayor of New York Bill de Blasio and Chirlane McCray and the Council of Fashion Designers of America threw a cocktail party to kick off New York Fashion Week and announce the city’s Made In NY initiative.
It was a who’s who of the fashion set, but the star of the show in our opinion was undoubtedly Chiara de Blasio, NYC’s first daughter, in the MILLY Fringe Dress.
Look out for three exciting new and upcoming Made in NY initiatives, including:
- An NYC capsule collection next year where city-based designers will be selected to help facilitate their local production to sell to retailers in NY.
- Expanding “Made in NYC” to the apparel industry, encouraging widespread awareness of local industry jobs.
- The NYC Fashion Production fund, to help local designers with capital to grow their businesses.
Show us your MILLY Moment - enter our #MILLYMOMENT contest for your chance to win a $1000 MILLY gift card.
Continuing the mini skirt mayhem, this skirt is a fun and edgy way to refresh your wardrobe. The skirt is fun, feminine, and SO versatile. Don’t believe us? Check out how we styled the MILLY Feather Mini five different ways here and get inspired to add some fringing into your wardrobe!
The MILLY FW ‘14 runway show was held on Monday, February 10 at Lincoln Center. Michelle Smith, founder and designer of MILLY divulges her inspiration for the collection of handbags here:
I started my line of handbags in 2011, 10 years after I began my ready to wear business. I love experimenting with fabrics and textures—this season I took it to a new level. Here, I’ll give you a sneak peek of what’s to come this fall.
1.The Riley Collection large tote: I love the structure of this handbag and the zipper with fringe adds a fashion-forward element. Carry it from work to weekend easily.
2. Blake Satchel: A ladylike silhouette, I love the classic nature of this satchel. In 5 colors with custom hardware, you can’t go wrong. The zipper is my favorite part—it’s oversize and gold. A true show-stopper.
3. Skylar Fur Satchel: Featuring vegan fur, this satchel will be available in blush, fuschia and black, adding texture and fun to any fall look.
4. Gold Croc small satchel: A little gold goes a long way. This gold croc embossed handbag will be available in a variety of silhouettes, but I’m partial to the small satchel, which easily goes from day to night and can never be outshone!
5. Logan Zip tote: All eyes on the zipper! I love this tote—it will be available in mini, small and large for all lifestyles.
6. Fringe clutch: Made of lamb leather, this swing-y clutch features two layers of fringe—it’s quite the attention-getter! Shown here in black, but it will also come in French blue, Ink and Caramel.