We spy some styling sisters (and a MILLY tee!). You’ve definitely heard of this duo. Just months after her gorgeous weddings (yes, we mean two) model and highly respected fashionista Poppy Delevingne took to the streets of London in our MILLY Sorry For Partying Tee!
She’s pictured with her sister Cara Delevingne, known for her down-to-earth persona, adventurous social media accounts, and super bold eyebrows. The sisters are a power duo - Poppy was the face of Louis Vuitton Summer 2012 collection and Cara is fashions it-girl, setting trends and making headlines left to right. The trendy sisters are an inspiration to the fashion world and beyond.
It’s our favorite time of year—bikini season. To make beach-going easy for everyone, we’ve calculated your best bikini “equations” from the MILLY Cabana swimwear collection based on showing off your best assets. Read on…
1) Are you vertically blessed? This is the perfect formula to flaunt hose legs! The MILLY Marapa V Neck Sleeve Tunic will cover everything but your gorgeous gams. Add in the Antigua Bikini and bring a little blue into your cute look.
3) If you have a wicked waist - this formula is for you! There are very few who can rock a bandeau (and avoid those tanlines), so take advantage of your awesome abs and rock the MILLY Maxime Underwire Bikini, in pink tiger print. A great thing about this bikini is that you can add on straps if you’re not feeling the bandeau look! Pair this crazy tiger print with a simple silhouette in our MILLY Guadas tunic. The colors match perfectly.
4) Love your arms? Show them off in the MILLY Elsie Bay bikini - the zig zag print is super cute and you can show off your arms in this bandeau top. Topped with the MILLY Beliz Criss Cross dress, you’ll rock that skimpy top !
Now your ready to flaunt that bikini bod ! So put on that sunscreen and head to the nearest pool, beach, rooftop… wherever you need to go to get some rays.
And while your poolside, make sure you relax and enjoy some great MILLY summer cocktail recommendations ;)
Pre-fall is just around the corner, so it’s time to get your mini something she’ll absolutely adore before school starts! Inspired by Michelle’s daughter Sophia, MILLY Minis Childrenswear is a collection of beautiful pieces modeled after ready to wear MILLY clothing. The pieces are made of the same luxurious fabric and prints as other MILLY products, making it possible for your mini to dress up just like mom.
Following our MILLY mantra, the Pre-fall MILLY Minis line is feminine with an edge. It features super sweet blush colors and sequins, but also mixes in sleek black pieces as well.
We picked out three of our pre-fall favorites that you just need to check out.
1) MILLY Minis Lace Biocolor Sheath. Light blush on the top and black on the bottom and made of gorgeous lace material - this gorgeous dress will make your Mini feel like a princess! Fun fact: Lea Michele and J.Lo have been spotted in a similar print!
2) MILLY Minis Novelty Seal Pullover. Featuring a charming image of a seal holding a sequins ball, this sweater is the perfect item to keep your Mini both warm and super happy.
We all know that scoring the perfect outfit for July 4th is a must (and not always easy…). If you’re struggling to find the ultimate look that’s both striking and patriotic, we’ve got you covered. Here, we chose some of our favorite July 4th outfits that can take you from the beach to a BBQ…
2. For a pool party…there’s no better choice than the MILLY Parrot Print Micro Shorts. J.Lo approved (she wore these micro shorts in the music video for “We Are One”, the official 2014 Fifa World Cup song) they are modern and bold. Plus, they can be worn in the water!
We recently sat down with our friend and style icon, luxury accessories designer Yliana Yepez to find out how she got her start. Born in Paris, France and raised in Caracas, Venezuela, Yliana’s designs reflect her worldy background, with modern silhouettes made of statement materials. Style favorites, such as Cara Delevingne and Olivia Palermo, have been spotted toting Yliana’s handbags - talk about cool girl cred.
Here, she gives us the low down on designing, growing up in Venezuela and being a mom.
1. What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
Persistent, fun and enthusiastic.
2. What made you want to start designing?
It was all by coincidence. I was finishing my modeling career and wanted to do something different. I had always been intrigued in fashion design. I considered ready to wear but really found my calling in accessories design (sizing in clothing is complicated—no sizes involved with accessories!). I always loved to (over)accessorize and collecting unique pieces. It felt natural for me to begin designing handbags.
3. You’re from Venezuela – has that influenced your designs at all?
I grew up in Venezuela surrounded by ladies who were always very well-dressed. Maybe it was more so my lifestyle and travels than Venezuela per se that molded my design aesthetics but fashion runs in my blood!
4. What are some must-see attractions if you travel to Venezuela?
El Salto Angel, Canaima, and Los Roques beach. it is a MUST SEE.
5. What’s your favorite part about living in NYC?
I love walking down the city streets and observing people with different styles and cultures. I’m also inspired by the cityscape, and you can see that in my collection as well— the black and white raffia and soleil color way was inspired by NYC cabs.
6. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring one person, one item and one type of food, who and what would you bring?
The person would be my husband; the item, my phone and food, sushi for sureeeee.
7. Favorite article of clothing?
I’m not sure if this counts as clothing but shoes!!!!! I love shoes….A good pair of shoes can bring together an outfit just like a good handbag can.
We know summer weekends are like gold… and they slip by way too fast. Do your future weekend warrior self a favor and start planning your perfect weekend now with the MILLY Road Trip series. This week’s stop: The Hamptons.
MILLY founder and designer Michelle Smith has spent summer weekends in the Hamptons for the past 17 years, making it the ultimate place to open a MILLY East Hampton beach retreat boutique…Come visit us at 54 Main Street in East Hampton!
Have you caught the MILLY floral wave yet? We think it’s time you did. Crafted from Italian tropical print inspired by a trip MILLY founder and designer took to Hawaii and Japan, the print intertwines sea blossom with painterly waves for a look that’s undeniably cool.
Finally, it’s Memorial Day weekend, which means the unofficial start to summer, and of course, wedding season (not to mention the MILLY Memorial Day sale!). Didn’t make the bridesmaids cut? No worries, the consolation prize is that you can choose your own dress! Here, we make it easy to choose…
1. If you’re not concerned about upstaging the bride…then the MILLY Ombre Strapless Maxi is a no brainer. Cut from a beautiful ombre degrade georgette, the color and draping make for a killer combination. Plus, the indigo color is ideal for the season.
2.The bride and groom are opting for rooftop nuptials…go for the MILLY Arabelle Gown. A vibrant shocking pink color will stand out in the best way possible. The leather waistband adds edge, while a back open slit makes it feminine and sexy.
3. If you happened to be invited to Kimye’s wedding…then the MILLY Chelsea Halter Gala Dress takes the cake. Double silk georgette and ruffle details make this dress ethereal and alluring and an open back gives it drama. Wherever the celeb couple seal the deal, this dress is bound to impress.
4. For the black tie garden wedding…opt for the MILLY Ava Strapless Gown. Crafted in a one-of-a-kind Italian ivy print, this dress is contemporary and striking. A boned bustier gives it structure and a full skirt gives it volume and movement. Don’t be surprised when all heads turn as you walk into the ceremony…
5. For those sealing the deal beachfront…the flowy MILLY Monica Strapless Dress is a must-have. Made of a gorgeous Italian watercolor paisley print silk chiffon, the poppy color complements the fluid design. Go shoes free for the ultimate boho-luxe look.
6. Backyard weddings call for…casual, yet elegant attire, which makes the MILLY Bella Dressour top pick. Featuring a V-neck, draped sleeves and a gorgeous Italian watercolor paisley print, this dress is fresh and feminine. Effortlessly transition from the reception to the party in this number.
7. If the ceremony is being held at an art gallery…the best-selling MILLY Racerback Sheath, made of an Italian sea blossom print, can’t be beat. Wearable art, this print was inspired by MILLY designer and founder Michelle Smith’s recent trip to Japan. Hues of seafoam green and cantaloupe in the form of exotic florals mean this dress is unlike any other in your closet.
With each collection, Michelle Smith, founder and designer of MILLY designs signature prints that act as roadmaps for the ready to wear season. Here, we give you a behind the scenes look at how a print comes to life.
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL:
Snapped by a member of the MILLY team, this photograph was taken in the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle. Epitomizing the hustle and bustle of city life, the print features bright yellow NYC taxi cabs and the city’s stunning horizon. Transformed by our graphic designer into a continuous print, this design is truly one-of-a-kind.
HOW TO WEAR IT:
Transferred onto canvas, the city print is available in tote form. Carry this luxurious custom-made handbag when you’re looking to make a statement. A definite conversation starter, this tote features an interior zip compartment and is sized to fit all of your essentials, from your iPad to your beauty must-haves.
With summer just around the corner, it’s time to amp up your swimwear game. MILLY designer and founder Michelle Smith has designed a selection of must-have unique swimsuits for all body types, crafted in her one-of-a-kind prints and luxe fabrics. From a full coverage underwire bustier option to a classic string bikini, there’s plenty to choose from for all beach or poolside occasions.
One of our favorite days of the year, Cinco de Mayo always calls for a good time. Whether you spend the day at an outdoor street festival, take part in a Cinco de Mayo parade, or throw your own party for good measure, we’ve compiled the top 5 MILLY essentials for any festive occasion—just remember, never be sorry for partying…
CLICK TO SHOP THE SLIDESHOW ABOVE
1. Flap Pocket Vest: The ultimate fashion piece, this vest, crafted in French tribal couture, will make a statement over every outfit. Tack buttons and raw edges add just the right amount of detail to this bold piece. Layer it over a best-selling MILLY “Sorry for Partying” tee and jeans or your favorite spring dress.
2.Ribbon Mini Skirt: Show off your legs in the MILLY Ribbon Mini Skirt — cut from a couture French fabric, pair it with a basic white tee, or even better, the MILLY “Sorry I’m Not Sorry” tee - the vibrant colors will undoubtedly pop at any Cinco de Mayo festivity.
3."Sorry for Partying" Tee…A must-have for any party, this tee is hit among the fashion set and celebs alike. Style yours with leather leggings for a night out or with jeans for a day of weekend activities. It’s the perfect conversation-starting tee…
4.Antibes Halter Bikini Top…If you’re lucky enough to be celebrating Cindo de Mayo poolside, this MILLY bikini is your best bet. Cut from a stunning shimmering pink fabric, its coverage is flattering for every body type.
5.Miley Crossbody…If you plan on cantina-hopping this Cinco de Mayo, a statement handbag to carry all of your essentials is a must. The MILLY Miley Crossbody, made of one-of-a-kind iridescent embossed hologram leather, is one of our favorites. There’s no better way to instantly elevate your outfit.
How To Dress For The Ultimate Cinco de Mayo Fiesta