You’re all in for a treat - MILLY Exclusives! Check out these fierce MILLY dresses that you can only find exclusively through us, either online or in-store. You can look, but you won’t find these anywhere else…
We all know that scoring the perfect outfit for July 4th is a must (and not always easy…). If you’re struggling to find the ultimate look that’s both striking and patriotic, we’ve got you covered. Here, we chose some of our favorite July 4th outfits that can take you from the beach to a BBQ…
2. For a pool party…there’s no better choice than the MILLY Parrot Print Micro Shorts. J.Lo approved (she wore these micro shorts in the music video for “We Are One”, the official 2014 Fifa World Cup song) they are modern and bold. Plus, they can be worn in the water!
Introducing, the MILLY rooftop summer bar series, where the MILLY crew roadtests a New York City rooftop and gives you the lowdown on what to expect.
While Brass Monkey might not be your first choice of rooftop bar, it’s worth a visit. Disclosure: We didn’t even know they had a rooftop at first glance. Climb the three long stories up to reveal the recently renovated rooftop, a hidden gem overlooking the Hudson River.
Grab a bucket of Corona or some chilled rose and order from the house made bar menu - don’t miss out on the jalapeno poppers with lime creme fraiche.
We recently sat down with our friend and style icon, luxury accessories designer Yliana Yepez to find out how she got her start. Born in Paris, France and raised in Caracas, Venezuela, Yliana’s designs reflect her worldy background, with modern silhouettes made of statement materials. Style favorites, such as Cara Delevingne and Olivia Palermo, have been spotted toting Yliana’s handbags - talk about cool girl cred.
Here, she gives us the low down on designing, growing up in Venezuela and being a mom.
1. What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
Persistent, fun and enthusiastic.
2. What made you want to start designing?
It was all by coincidence. I was finishing my modeling career and wanted to do something different. I had always been intrigued in fashion design. I considered ready to wear but really found my calling in accessories design (sizing in clothing is complicated—no sizes involved with accessories!). I always loved to (over)accessorize and collecting unique pieces. It felt natural for me to begin designing handbags.
3. You’re from Venezuela – has that influenced your designs at all?
I grew up in Venezuela surrounded by ladies who were always very well-dressed. Maybe it was more so my lifestyle and travels than Venezuela per se that molded my design aesthetics but fashion runs in my blood!
4. What are some must-see attractions if you travel to Venezuela?
El Salto Angel, Canaima, and Los Roques beach. it is a MUST SEE.
5. What’s your favorite part about living in NYC?
I love walking down the city streets and observing people with different styles and cultures. I’m also inspired by the cityscape, and you can see that in my collection as well— the black and white raffia and soleil color way was inspired by NYC cabs.
6. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring one person, one item and one type of food, who and what would you bring?
The person would be my husband; the item, my phone and food, sushi for sureeeee.
7. Favorite article of clothing?
I’m not sure if this counts as clothing but shoes!!!!! I love shoes….A good pair of shoes can bring together an outfit just like a good handbag can.
We know summer weekends are like gold… and they slip by way too fast. Do your future weekend warrior self a favor and start planning your perfect weekend now with the MILLY Road Trip series. This week’s stop: The Hamptons.
MILLY founder and designer Michelle Smith has spent summer weekends in the Hamptons for the past 17 years, making it the ultimate place to open a MILLY East Hampton beach retreat boutique…Come visit us at 54 Main Street in East Hampton!
Have you caught the MILLY floral wave yet? We think it’s time you did. Crafted from Italian tropical print inspired by a trip MILLY founder and designer took to Hawaii and Japan, the print intertwines sea blossom with painterly waves for a look that’s undeniably cool.
Finally, it’s Memorial Day weekend, which means the unofficial start to summer, and of course, wedding season (not to mention the MILLY Memorial Day sale!). Didn’t make the bridesmaids cut? No worries, the consolation prize is that you can choose your own dress! Here, we make it easy to choose…
1. If you’re not concerned about upstaging the bride…then the MILLY Ombre Strapless Maxi is a no brainer. Cut from a beautiful ombre degrade georgette, the color and draping make for a killer combination. Plus, the indigo color is ideal for the season.
2.The bride and groom are opting for rooftop nuptials…go for the MILLY Arabelle Gown. A vibrant shocking pink color will stand out in the best way possible. The leather waistband adds edge, while a back open slit makes it feminine and sexy.
3. If you happened to be invited to Kimye’s wedding…then the MILLY Chelsea Halter Gala Dress takes the cake. Double silk georgette and ruffle details make this dress ethereal and alluring and an open back gives it drama. Wherever the celeb couple seal the deal, this dress is bound to impress.
4. For the black tie garden wedding…opt for the MILLY Ava Strapless Gown. Crafted in a one-of-a-kind Italian ivy print, this dress is contemporary and striking. A boned bustier gives it structure and a full skirt gives it volume and movement. Don’t be surprised when all heads turn as you walk into the ceremony…
5. For those sealing the deal beachfront…the flowy MILLY Monica Strapless Dress is a must-have. Made of a gorgeous Italian watercolor paisley print silk chiffon, the poppy color complements the fluid design. Go shoes free for the ultimate boho-luxe look.
6. Backyard weddings call for…casual, yet elegant attire, which makes the MILLY Bella Dressour top pick. Featuring a V-neck, draped sleeves and a gorgeous Italian watercolor paisley print, this dress is fresh and feminine. Effortlessly transition from the reception to the party in this number.
7. If the ceremony is being held at an art gallery…the best-selling MILLY Racerback Sheath, made of an Italian sea blossom print, can’t be beat. Wearable art, this print was inspired by MILLY designer and founder Michelle Smith’s recent trip to Japan. Hues of seafoam green and cantaloupe in the form of exotic florals mean this dress is unlike any other in your closet.